Sunday, February 9, 2014

Getting to Work (literally)

Where does the time go? I can't believe it's already the 9th. This past week I have been busy working at a local surgery center. I normally work there PRN (as needed) so sometimes I work only a couple of days a month or I cover when someone needs vacation time. One of the girls that works there fell during our last snow and blew her knee out.
Unfortunately for her she'll be out of work for at least 2 1/2 months so I'm working in her place.
I quit my full time job at a local hospital almost two years ago so I could work on the mission field full time. The ministry that I was going to work with pulled out of Haiti almost a year after I started working with them.
Since then I have been looking for a ministry to plug into. I enjoy the freedom to go on mission trips whenever the opportunity presents itself so I have hesitated to get another full time job.
With not having a steady income for almost two years my savings has been spent so I am excited about this time to earn a regular paycheck for the next couple of months.
I am in the process of planning another trip to Haiti where I'll be meeting with a couple of different ministries to see if I might be able to work with them on a regular basis. This time of getting to work will help finance my trip. I feel bad for the lady that hurt her knee but I'm thankful for the work.




No comments:

Post a Comment