Saturday, February 1, 2014

Snow in the South

My last post I wrote about how cold it has been and that I would like some snow to go with the temps. Well be careful what you wish for :)
When it first started I didn't think it would last
This past week the South was blanketed in snow and it caused some major problems. There were people that were stuck in traffic for hours and many couldn't make it home. Children were stuck at school and had to spend the night there.
But the snow kept coming, and staying
Normally the snow would melt before it hits the ground but because we have had temperatures below freezing for so long it landed and stuck.
Snow landing on the Magnolia tree
I felt bad for everybody that was stuck out in the mess but I couldn't help but smile every time I looked outside. I just enjoyed the beauty of it.
I did get a little bored because I couldn't get out, all secondary roads were closed in my area, so I did some organizing and played with settings on my camera.
Playing with settings on my camera
I know several people that did not enjoy the snow and have stated that they hope this is the last snow of the year. I have to say, I hope we have more :).


No comments:

Post a Comment