Saturday, July 5, 2014

A Different Journey

We can make all the plans we want to but that doesn't mean life will follow those plans.
So what do you do? Step back and regroup! Trust in the Lord to direct your path and have Faith.
At the beginning of this year I was making plans to go back to Haiti. The purpose of the trip was to check out some ministries there with the possibility of working with them. The main ministry I was wanting to get involved with was working toward setting up mobile medical clinics in the back mountains of Haiti.
But our timing isn't always God's timing :) Things wouldn't line up and at one point I had a travel date and as I was making plans my contact in Port au Prince fell through. I was glad I hadn't bought my airline ticket yet.
Then I understood why things weren't working out ... On March 11th my mom's brother fell and broke his back.
My Dad (left) and Uncle Lenny (right) 2012
 My Uncle Lenny was working in North Dakota as a traveling electrician when he had his accident. He has never been married and doesn't have any children so our family decided that I would be the one to go help take care of him.
On the road to recovery
I stayed at the hospital with him while the staff trained me in how to take care of him. While I was there I didn't have my computer so writing on my blog was impossible. When he was released on April 22nd I brought him home to Georgia with me.
He loves sitting on the deck watching the wildlife
When we first got home he required so much one on one care that I was exhausted most of the time so I didn't have the time or energy to post then either.
I am happy to say that he is doing much better and gaining his independence so hopefully I'll be able to start posting regularly again.
Thank-you for your patience and support ... More to come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment