Thursday, February 4, 2016

Israel, getting there



In 2015 I felt God was telling me that I would be going to Israel that year. I had no idea how that was going to happen, especially since I was the full time care giver for my uncle and didn't know when I would be able to go. But as the year progressed my uncle kept improving and slowly began gaining his independence.
I have friends that live in Israel and have a congregation there. I contacted them to see if they knew of anyone that could show me their beautiful country. As I had done my research I found that most companies lead large groups and I wanted to experience Israel and her people. I did not want to be herded around like cattle and see the country from a tour bus.
My friends had had so many requests for them to lead tours that they had decided to give it a try and asked me if I would be interested in going with them, I eagerly said YES!
Ron and Elana Cantor

With anticipation in my heart I began preparing for what would be the trip of a lifetime.
I flew directly from the US to Israel. It was a long tiring flight but I was very happy that I didn't have lots of stops and connections. No running through airports praying that I would get there before I pass out!
Ben Gurion Airport

I arrived a day before most in our group so I was able to have a day to rest before the tour began. I stayed at a hotel in Tel Aviv.
My room in Tel Aviv
The door to the elevator
The elevator was tiny!


No comments:

Post a Comment