Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Sharon Beach National Park

I had planned on writing about "the village by the sea" however the pictures I wanted to use are "stuck" on my kindle and I seem to be technically challenged. Don't you hate it when technology kicks your butt?
The cloud has stolen my pictures and no matter how hard I look I can't find them!
Since my pictures from Capharnaum seem to be temporarily lost in some mysterious cloud, I'm going to continue my journey in Israel from another location.
One beautiful afternoon we went walking through Sharon Beach which is right by the Mediterranean Sea.

This was my first view of the Mediterranean and I thought it was breathtaking. There are cliffs along the area we were at so we had an aerial view of the water and beaches.

The rainy season hadn't started yet so there wasn't a lot of greenery. The flowers were few and far between.
Not sure what kind of flower this is
While walking along the path I noticed some bushes that had white clusters that resembled cotton.
From a distance it's hard to see what it is
Upon closer inspection I found that the white flowers I was looking at were not any kind of flower at all. Instead of finding some sort of flower, the white "blooms" turned out to be snails. I only saw snails clustered like this by the Mediterranean.
Live snails on the bushes
My first trip to there we just walked along the cliffs so I wasn't able to get my feet wet, that would have to come at another time.
While we were walking the trail a paraglider went right by us.
Walking the trail
Watching the waves.
Coming up next: The church on the mountain ... one of my favorite stops in Israel


No comments:

Post a Comment