Friday, July 1, 2016

En Gedi

"After Saul returned from pursuing the Philistines, he was told, "David is in the Desert of En Gedi."" 1Samuel 24:1
 'After removing Saul, he made David their king. God testified concerning him: ‘I have found David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart; he will do everything I want him to do.’ (Acts 13:22)  Elijah and David are two men I like to study and read about in Old Testament, so visiting En Gedi was one of the most moving stops in Israel for me.
En Gedi is a park in the desert that has three natural springs spread out in it.

Lower Falls at En Gedi, where David hid in the caves with his men, and had the chance to kill Saul, but didn't.
The contrast in the area is amazing; there are rocky trails that wind through the mountains where all you can see is sand and rock then you walk around a corner and there is an oasis of green and a bubbling brook.
We didn't see much wildlife there but there was some signs of life.


While walking on the trail I was looking at the caves and I thought of David and his men walking around there, sleeping in the caves, hiding from Saul. Then we came to an area that was like a sanctuary, a waterfall hidden in the midst of the desert.


What an amazing place where God was able protect and provide for David and his men.

No comments:

Post a Comment