Friday, July 15, 2016

Medical clinic in Jacmel Haiti


On July 4th, 2016 my Grandma Taylor passed away, at the same time my dad had been hospitalized with heart issues. So as you can understand, so far the month of July has not gone as planned. My mom is the oldest girl in her family and grandma had appointed her to make funeral arrangements. With my dad being in the hospital back home in Georgia my mom didn't want to leave him to travel to Michigan so I flew North in her stead. Because of the unexpected travel and the emotional week I had there was no time to journal. I arrived back to Florida the day before yesterday.
Today I got on my computer and decided I had better catch up on some things that I had fallen behind on, including my blog. Well I found an entry that I had started a long time ago and never finished, so here's a trip from a couple of years ago.

Heather and me in Jacmel Haiti
During our trip to Jacmel there were some demonstrations and political unrest going on. Since it wasn't safe to travel very far and all roads leading outside of town were blocked Darlys started looking for places close to her for us to visit.


Medical clinic in Jacmel
There is a medical clinic in Jacmel that brings in medical teams to help keep it running. The day that we visited the staff was waiting for a team to arrive but because of the demonstrations they couldn't get to the clinic.
Pharmacy area
This is facility has taken care of the people in the area for several years and offers continued health care that many other areas don't have.
More of the pharmacy
The teams stay in the building so there isn't any travel once they arrive. I thought it was nice that the teams can settle right in and get to work without having to do a lot of setting up so medical care is consistent for the local residence.
Medical team sleeping area
The clinic is on the outskirts of Jacmel close to the water so the view is breathtaking! After a long day at work it's nice to sit on the porch and look out at that :)
View from the porch at the clinic
We appreciated the hospitality of the workers there and even though they had work to do to get ready for the team that was coming in they still took time to show us around.
A local missionary telling Heather & Darlys about the clinic
This story is from the trip that Heather and I took to Haiti when we visited around at different ministries throughout the country. Looking at the pictures again and remembering my visit makes me miss Haiti even more. I don't know when I'll get an opportunity to go back but I anxiously look forward to it. Thank you for taking this walk down memory lane with me.
Many Blessings!!




No comments:

Post a Comment