Saturday, August 19, 2017

Construction in Haiti

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8 NIV

A NEW AREA
This past February I had the privilege of going back to Haiti with a church group I hadn't traveled with before. A childhood friend had invited me and I was excited to see another part of Haiti.
Excited to go to Haiti

 We stayed at a church in St Marc, an area that I had never been to before.
Church that our team stayed at, our room was on 2nd floor
St Marc is a large city on the West coast.
The store we got groceries at was on this street

We had a great team and I made some new friends that love Haiti as much as I do.
This is the biggest tree I've ever seen up close (a rare thing in Haiti)

CONSTRUCTION WORK?
Our team was there to help with construction of a school in Calmini. The group I was with has been sponsoring and helping in this area for several years now.
The construction site
I've never been on a trip that was specifically for construction and Haitian construction is different from American so I wasn't sure what help we could be ☺ The people make their own bricks for building and that is where we came in ... the bricks are laid out in the sun away from the building site to dry and can add a lot of work time just transporting them. Our team carried the bricks from the "dry site" to the work area.
Lunch break in the back of our truck
While our team didn't actually build anything we did what we could to help make the workers job a little easier.
Calmini is a village that is spread out in a large area
RANDOM PICS
On this trip my camera broke 😞 So I wasn't able to get as many pictures as I normally do. I did have a cell phone with me but it was two days before I was able to find a memory card so I could take more pictures.
I love this country
Kids in Calmini coming out after school
I'm always looking forward to the next time opportunity to go somewhere to show people the love of Jesus, if you would like to be a part of this you can always give through PayPal 

No comments:

Post a Comment