Saturday, August 26, 2017

Clean Water For Haiti

Clean water is something that we usually take for granted in America but there are other places in the world that aren't as fortunate. I enjoy sharing what God has allowed me to do and what countries He has given me the opportunity to visit.
Hanging out with some children in a small fishing village

One day I met a nice gentleman that was selling survival products and while talking to him I began telling him about my trips to Haiti. He gave me his card and told me to let him know the next time I went to Haiti. This gentleman was aware of the water situation in Haiti and wanted to help.
A very polluted waterway in a city
This river is used for everything, even drinking water with no filtering
I had the privilege of delivering life saving water filters that this gentleman generously donated for our trip.
The bucket with the hose attached is a filtration system
Our group delivered water filters to several villages, they were all in one filter kits that could be installed onto a five gallon bucket. I learned how to install and maintain the filters before I left home so I could properly instruct the leaders of the village to care for them.
Explaining how the system works to a pastor
Putting the buckets together
This was actually the first one we put together
I love being able to show the love of Jesus in practical ways and I feel so honored that I was able to be a part of this.
This village got two filters, one for the church and one for the school
Another village church being blessed
While sharing my love for Haiti I have been blessed by complete strangers that have been inspired to show the people in Haiti that they are not forgotten.
Thank you for helping me show the love of Jesus to those who feel forgotten and unloved. I am looking at possibly going back to Haiti to work (volunteer) at a hospital on the Northern boarder. If you would like to help, as always, you can give through PayPal just click on the link. 




No comments:

Post a Comment