Saturday, August 12, 2017

A year later

It's hard to believe that I haven't been on my blog for over a year. This past year has been stressful and full of changes. In July 2016 my family had a hard heartbreaking month. On July 3rd my dad had a heart attach and was hospitalized (he is fine and doing great now), then on July 4th my grandmother passed away. Our family traveled to Michigan to mourn Grandma and to surround Grandpa with love and support. Then on July 30th my mother and I were driving back up to Michigan to help Grandpa go through Grandma's things when we got a phone call that he had been in a fatal accident that afternoon.
The next several weeks my mother and I made many trips to Michigan to get my grandparents things taken care of. It's accurate to say we were shell shocked. But among the grief there was also joy, we had two new additions to our family. A girl born in mid July and a boy born early September.

With so much going on with our family, keeping up with emails and a blog have taken a back seat. However, with all the changes I was able to go to Haiti in February this year.
In my next entry I'll tell you about my time in Haiti :)
Thank you for your patience while I was working on family things.
As always I'm looking for my next opportunity to go wherever the Lord sends me and if you would like to help out you can donate through PayPal in this link, paypal.me/THittle
Blessings!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment