Wednesday, September 20, 2017

A Story of Success

I have been very fortunate to be able to travel as much as I have and I have met some wonderful people on my travels. Most of my trips have been medical clinics.
One of our medical clinics
Lots of people cross my path on these trips and some clinics have easily had two or three hundred people seeking medical treatment.
People come from all over for medical treatment
And while I can't possibly remember everyone there are a few stories from every trip that stands out in my mind and some people that I've never forgotten. But it's rare when I get to hear an update on how someone is doing much less see them later on.
People wait for hours in line to be seen
One trip in particular had a major impact on my life, we went to a little village in the mountains where we set up a medical clinic.
Covant
It was a difficult trip because there were no roads leading to the village so all our supplies had to be carried in. With it being such a remote place we stayed there the entire week.
The people from Covant helped carried our supplies

During that medical clinic we had six children taken out emergently because of sever malnutrition. Each child was a heartbreaking situation but one child in particular touched my heart.
The first time I saw Mackinson
There was something about him that made him really stick in my mind. At the time I didn't know his name but I went home and told everyone I could about him and asked them to pray for him. Three months later I went back to Haiti and saw an amazing sight.
Mackinson three months later
A missionary friend in Haiti had been on the trip to Covant with me was in the same area as me when I was back in Haiti three months later. She came up to me all excited and asked if I remembered the little boy from Covant, of course I did! I had told everyone about him and he had been on my mind. She couldn't wait for me to see the transformation.
What a difference!!
What a difference proper nutrition and medication had made. This beautiful little boy that had been on the verge of death was running around and smiling.
Such a happy boy
Since then I have been back to see Mackinson several times and it just confirms the love for missions that God has placed on my heart.
Nine months later, he's growing so much
I am happy to say that all six children that we brought out of Covant survived, however Mackinson is the only one that I've been able to keep up with and continue to visit.
Over a year later and he's catching up with the other kids
If I am anywhere close to where Mackinson is I make the trip to see him if I can. He is living at a children's home in Fond Parisan and I am able to check on him through emails.
Thank you for helping me answer the call that God has placed on my heart.
As always if you would like to be a part you can give through PayPal by clicking on the link. 



No comments:

Post a Comment