Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Hawii's First Church

On the main road in downtown Kona there is a beautiful church, MoKuaiKaua Church, it was the first church in the Hawaiian islands. The church is open during the week for visitors to walk through and enjoy.

The congregation was established in 1820 and the building was erected in 1836.
Sign on the front door

There is a small cemetery in the yard. Family from the founding members are buried there.

The inside is peaceful, it's nice to go in on a hot day and enjoy the shade and peace.
This view is standing in the back looking toward the front


View from the front of the church looking toward the back
There are two stained glass windows, I was only able to get a picture of one because my phone couldn't zoom in close enough to get a clear picture. (have I mentioned that I miss my camera? LOL)
Stained glass window in the church
The vestibule has an area that tells the history of the church. There is a model of the ship that the first missionaries to Hawaii came in.
Thaddeus 
The original church was burned down so the government built a church that could last, the walls were built out of lava rock and are 4 feet thick.
It's hard to see from this picture, the walls are 4ft thick
This church is one of my favorite places to just sit and chill. It doesn't get very crowded and the people that come in are usually quiet and respectful. If I need a quiet place to just sit and talk to God without any distractions this is a great place for it.
As always I appreciate all prayers and words of encouragement. I'm thankful to be able to follow the calling that God has placed on my life. If you would like to contribute towards either my schooling or a vehicle I have two easy ways to give. If you need a record of your giving for tax reasons you can give through my church by downloading the Givelify App on your phone. Once you have the app on your phone search churches, Orchard Church 763 Battlefield Pkwy. Ft Oglethorpe, GA 30742.

Image result for clip art givelify app









Once you register the church will have a link with my name on it just follow that and my church will forward the funds to me.
Another way is to give through PayPal, just follow this link PayPal.me/THittle
Remember giving through PayPal is not tax deductible.

No comments:

Post a Comment