Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Thank-you New Liberty

The next tribute I want to send out isn't just to an individual but also to a church.
A friend of mine's grandson (Hayden) attends New Liberty Baptist. Hayden came over one day and asked me about the trips I have been on and where I was headed to next. At the time I was in the process of raising funds for the February trip to Haiti. He told me that he was going to talk to his church to see if they could do anything. Honestly at the time I thought well that's sweet but they don't know me so I don't think they'll be able to give. To my surprise I got a call the next week saying that the church was writing a check.
A program that Love A Child has set up is a nutrition center. They work with other nutrition programs in the country so that children who are put in the program are assigned to a clinic closest to their home.
The front of the clinic at LAC

Unfortunately malnutrition is rampant in Haiti and many children starve to death before their 5th birthday.

One day as we were getting ready to close down clinic a mother came in with her six children. Upon examining them we found that all the children were very thin, malnourished, and dehydrated. To make this story even more heartbreaking we found out that the mother was expecting twins. The mother is a sweet lady that loves her children she just isn't able to get enough food for them.
The last patients for the day
Because we were there at that time, we were able to get them enrolled in the nutrition program. Now this family will receive food packages on a regular basis and have hope for a future.
Sweet family that will now get proper nutrition
Thank-you Hayden and New Liberty Baptist for helping to make this possible.



No comments:

Post a Comment