Friday, May 10, 2013

Thank-you Rhonda and Bob

Today I want to tell you about a life that was saved because we were willing to go to "the regions beyond." We went to a village that can only be reached during the dry season because you literally have to drive thru the river bed to reach it.
During the rainy season this river bed is impassable
Our group had set up clinic in the church/school building. I was helping with crowd control and assisting where needed. One of my jobs was to help get the babies weight. We didn't have a traditional baby scale so we would weigh the mother holding the baby then I would take the baby and weigh the mother again.
Setting up in the church/school
A mother came in with her precious little boy. When she first handed him to me I noticed how light he felt and it struck me strange that she had him all bundled up.
A loving momma wanting to give her baby a chance
What we soon discovered was that he had been born with no arms or legs. Haiti is a country that is deep seeded in voodoo and superstitions. When the people in her village saw the birth defects of this baby they told her to kill him.
As you can see she didn't listen to her neighbors instead she has been a good loving mother.
This mother had been crying out to God to send someone that would help her baby. When she heard that we were in the area she came to us. As hard as it may be to understand her plea was for us to please take her baby. Unfortunately, her village people look at him as being cursed. Love A Child doesn't have the facility to take care of a child with that type of needs HOWEVER they are connected with an organization that helps finds homes for handicapped children.
Sweet baby boy, born with no arms or legs
Because we were there this sweet baby boy has been given a chance. We didn't just happen to set up clinic in that particular village. I believe God sent us there as an answer to that mother's prayers.
Rhonda and Bob because you gave you helped save this beautiful baby boy. He will be placed in a home that will be able to get him the medical treatment he needs. His mother loved him enough to protect him from a deeply superstitious society so that he'd have a chance to grow up. I can't help but wonder what God has planned for his life.
There are lives that we touch everyday and we won't know the impact of those lives touched till we get to heaven.
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"   Isaiah 6:8


No comments:

Post a Comment