Monday, May 6, 2013

Thank-you Rhonda K

I have struggled with writers block ... I want to keep things updated but I couldn't think of what to write. Then yesterday at church it came to me that I should write a tribute to those who have given toward my mission trips.
Typically when people think of giving they automatically think I mean money, however that isn't the only way to help. That brings me to the first person I want to thank, Rhonda K.
After my trip to Haiti in Oct 2012 I saw how few items were sent for little boys. My mom and aunt brainstormed and decided that they would collect shorts for the boys.
This little boy was wearing a ragged shirt and nothing els
Many people got excited and wanted to help. It brought tears to my eyes that so many people back home wanted to help the people in Haiti that had touched my heart.
He got a new pair of shorts AND a new shirt
One lady that collected shorts for me was Rhonda K. She had looked for shorts that were on clearance and found 20 pairs of men's shorts. At first I wasn't sure of what I was going to do with them because I was collecting shorts specifically for little boys. But I know that God doesn't do anything by accident, so I packed them and asked God to show me who they were meant for.
Toward the end of our trip I still had all the large shorts in my luggage and I was wondering if I missed it. Some of the ladies in our tent were talking about our interpreters and saying that they wanted to do something for them.
Awesome Haitian workers
One of the girls wrote all the names of our Haitian helpers; there were 20 of them!! The exact number of shorts Rhonda had sent! New clothes in Haiti are very expensive and a rare treat. The smiles and hugs I got. Thank-you Rhonda for giving.



No comments:

Post a Comment