Friday, January 3, 2014

Happy New Year

Happy 2014!!!
I hope you had a wonderful holiday season. I heard several people say that they couldn't wait for the holidays to be over and that made me sad. When did we get to the place where Thanksgiving and Christmas are burdens in our lives that we have to endure? I made a conscience effort to enjoy the time and season, so instead of letting everybody elses blues affect me I shared a smile.
Our family did things a little different this year and may have possibly started some new traditions. In an effort to slow down and enjoy the season we decided to help the kids see that holidays are about spending time with family.
Getting all the little ones attention at once is a challenge
My mom wanted to have all the kids over to decorate Christmas cookies. We had a great time and the kids loved showing off their artistic sides.
Decisions decisions ... what color to put on my cookie?
Getting the right decorations is important
Master piece!!
The kids had a great time and did a really good job of keeping the sugary treats around the table. 
Even the big kids joined in on the fun
Our family welcomed a new member right before Thanksgiving. Welcome to our family Maggie :)
My mom getting "Maggie time"
Another change this year was we decided to have our big family Christmas on Christmas Eve that way the kids could open their presents at home and stay at home to play with them. 
My family
Everybody had a wonderful time and even Santa showed up for the kids.
I hope you made memories that you can look back on and smile. I'm excited to see what 2014 has in store but I'm also glad that I took the time to slow down and enjoy 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment