Sunday, January 5, 2014

Reflection

A Clean Slate, New Beginnings .... this is the title of a sermon I heard this morning, I like it. This is a new year and it is like getting to start with a clean slate. While looking forward to the new year I like to reflect on last year.
My passion is foreign missions and in February I was fortunate enough to get to go back to Haiti.
Medical Mission Group
All of our helpers and interpreters
In June an opportunity opened up for me to go to Jamaica to see about possibly working with a ministry there.
Neighborhood kids coming to the center to play
A church group that volunteered while I was there
I was looking at possibly going back to Jamaica to work there full time when my life came to a screeching halt. On July 2nd I fell and shattered my wrist.
I had to have surgery and spent the next four months in Physical Therapy.
I wasn't sure how my broken arm would affect any future travels but God opened the door for me to go back to Haiti in November.
People waiting for medical treatment
I even met up with some friends I had made on a mission trip last year.
Three Amigos :) the "Covant Girls"
My sweet Mackenson
There were some tough times last year but there were definitely more positive and happy times.

No comments:

Post a Comment