Monday, January 13, 2014

Preserving Memories

Whenever I'm on a mission trip I want to make sure I appreciate the moment and don't take it for granted. I've always been an early riser and I'm usually the first one up in the morning. I enjoy the quiet time while I get ready for the day and always try to enjoy the sunrise. This starts my day off on a good foot and prepares me for the busy day ahead.


I take as many pictures as I can throughout the day to help me remember as much as I can. I don't take pictures of just the heartbreaking things but I also want to remember the good thing.
A beautiful smile

At the end of each day I also write in my journal. I try to make sure I don't skip days because facts can get mixed up. There are so many things that happen and I want to preserve as many of the memories as I can. Also it helps me to remember people and events, especially if we go to more than one village in a trip.

Doing these things insure that I slow down enough to appreciate each day. There are some days we can see over 500 people and I don't want everything to become one big blur. I love the passion that God has placed in my heart for the people and I appreciate the people that help make the trips possible and I don't want to take ANY of it for granted ... ever. :)
People lining up for medical care



No comments:

Post a Comment