Monday, April 29, 2013

Gardens and Gnomes

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot.  Ecc 3:1-2
 It's time to start the gardens!!
 As we say good-bye to winter many people are starting their gardens. I love the anticipation of all the good fresh veggies. I stopped by my parents the other day and my dad was working on his seedlings. It was fun going over the seed packs with him helping him decide what to plant.

After visiting with my dad I drove over to a friends to see the gnome  "house" she had built with her seven year old son.
I wasn't sure what a gnome house would look like, but I think they did an excellent job. It's really cute.
While we were admiring his work we heard an owl that sounded like it was really close. We searched the trees and guess what we saw :)
I wasn't able to get a clear picture of it but I'm still happy with what I got. It's the closest I've been to an owl in the wild. We are planning on getting some binoculars and do some owl watching.



No comments:

Post a Comment