Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Collecting items

After my trip to Covant and my time in the Bahamas it was good to be home with family.
My cousin Tina and her family
Besides, my dog really missed me :)
My sweet dog Buster
I think the cat might have noticed I was gone, but cats are pretty independent.
Tigger thinks he's king
My friends and family were impacted by the pictures and stories of when I was in Haiti. My mom and aunt were talking about it and together decided that they wanted to collect shorts for the boys.
One of the first bunches of shorts
My mom got the word out and people started shopping the clearance aisle looking for swimming trunks.
They were able to get 55 pairs of shorts donated. I went shopping and found some short and t-shirt outfits for $1.
Shorts and t-shirts
My friends from the hospital collected some items and my uncles girlfriend Michele bought 20 dresses.
Dresses and medical supplies
Items were coming in and I couldn't wait until my next trip to Haiti. It touched my heart that people wanted to give to something that meant so much to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment