Monday, March 18, 2013

St. Patrick's Day

This year St. Patrick's Day fell on a weekend, so that meant a weekend draped in green. I don't usually celebrate this holiday but it happened to fall on the same weekend my cousins came to visit.
Matt, Rachel, Matthew, Jesse, Issac
My cousin Rachel, her husband Matt and their kids came up for a weekend of fun and relaxation. I'm not sure how much relaxing they did because I'm sure we walked several miles.
We started out Saturday morning with going to Rock City, which is on the top of Lookout Mountain. The entire area was decorated for St Paddy's with all kinds of fun things for the kids to do.
Playing dress-up
They even had a band with bag pipes, it was Rachel's favorite part.
I think the deer park was Matt's favorite feature.
They had a climbing wall and all the boys gave it a try. All three of them did a good job but Jesse climbed all the way to the top and rang the bell twice ... Way to go Jesse!
Jesse reaching out to ring the bell
I think everyone enjoyed Rock City.
Issac, Matthew, Matt and Jesse
After we got through Rock City we got something for lunch then headed to Ruby Falls.
This was kind of taken in the dark, point and shoot
We had a good time looking at all the strange rock formations.
I think the boys enjoyed climbing on the rocks ... right where they weren't suppose to :)
It was a beautiful day, perfect to spend with family.
Sunday morning we went to church then out for lunch. We had planned on going to down town Chattanooga however Saturday wore us out and Rachel had homework to do. So after lunch we parted ways, I went home to take a nap and the Warren family started their long drive home. Happy St. Patrick's Day :)

1 comment:

  1. It was a great weekend. I always love coming up to see you and your family. Even if we just hang out at your parent's house. I was so tired from Saturday that I slept most of the way home on Sunday :)
    Love y'all,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete