Saturday, March 9, 2013

Covant trip D10

Our final day with Love a Child went by all to quickly. The total count of people seen that week was 1,231.
Our team, my new friends
We started the day out with unpacking the medical supplies and washing everything.
We got everything restocked and ready for the next group coming in.
After we got done getting everything cleaned up and organized Sherry asked if we wanted to help hand out some donations. We were happy to help wherever needed so we loaded up the truck and headed off to a village close by.
The entire village came out.
We brought baby clothes and girls dresses on this trip but everybody wanted to see.
Heidi helping a little girl try on a dress
Sherry unpacked the boxes and the team helped the girls try the dresses on. We were very happy to be able to reach out to the people in Haiti our last day instead of just "hanging out" and taking it easy.
Showing off their pretty new dresses
It was sad saying good-bye, but I had no doubt I'd be back. I love Haiti.
Me with some of our interpreters
Saying good-bye to Sherry
I've set up a website where you can give if you feel led to help me get back to the people in Haiti http://youcansend.me/missions4love

No comments:

Post a Comment