Friday, April 19, 2013

Just a year ago

I can't believe that a year ago I was headed to the Bahamas for the first time.
My first fresh coconut
My journey as a "full-time" missionary to another country was starting.
My first view of the ocean in the Bahamas
I was nervous and excited. I was meeting lots of new people, learning the area, and adjusting to a different culture.
Easter dinner :)
I met some amazing people and made some life long friends.
Canadian friends
 The goal was for me to train at the Adventure Learning Centre (ALC) for a year and eventually go to Haiti full time.
Office building at ALC
Unfortunately the ministry had to pull out of Haiti. Things didn't work out like I thought they would but I learned so much while I was in New Providence. I know that the time I was there taught me a lot about myself and drew me closer to God.
Out for a walk seeing the sites
I don't know what's going to happen next. My heart still longs to go to Haiti but I'd like to believe that I'm open to go wherever God sends me whether here at home or anywhere abroad.

No comments:

Post a Comment