Thursday, April 4, 2013

Rubber Tree Plantation in Thailand

Rubber tree plantation in Thailand
When I was in Thailand I learned that it is one of the largest producers of natural rubber. The work is all done by hand.
Catching the tree sap to make rubber

 I got the opportunity to visit a family that lived on a rubber farm. The life is very hard and I admire the people that live there.
driving up to our friends house
The village that we went to was way off the main road. Our friends live by the creek which is the main water source for that area and is used for everything. I wanted to take more pictures of the area but there were some people bathing at the time.
The road goes right through the creek
When there is a lot of rain the water can rise to a point that the people can't get out of the area because they don't have a bridge. This area has no running water or electricity so the lifestyle is very simple. They cook over open fires so it is done mostly outside.
The cooking area.
There is no plumbing in the house either.
The blue barrel at the back corner is a rain barrel
The area was beautiful and I am grateful that I got to catch a glimpse of this lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment