Friday, January 4, 2013

Haiti memories

I'm filling out the paperwork for my next Haiti trip!!
This will be my third time going to Haiti and I am so blessed to be able to go back. I know people don't understand how much I am looking forward to this trip and yet at the same time I have a hard time understanding why people wouldn't want to go.
The first mission trip I took to Haiti was in August 2011, it was with a church group here in town. The church had a ministry set up in Jacmel, a small town on the southern boarder. While there we did local outreaches and visited several orphanages.

Little orphan boy that stole my heart

Handing out gift bags at a girls home

Books and clothes for the boys home
I have always had a heart for missions but when I went to Haiti everything clicked and it felt like I had found my calling. My purpose is to show the love of Jesus to those who feel unloved and forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment