Sunday, January 13, 2013

life gets busy

It's amazing how life can get busy so quickly and no matter what you have planned other things can come up that takes your time. Twice this past week I got calls from friends asking if I could drive them to the doctors. So where I may have planned on working on one thing my plans got changed. Please don't get me wrong, I am thankful that I am at a place where people can call me and I'm able to help them out. For many years I was the single mom working full time and I was the one calling asking for help. It just means that I need to manage my free time better and be more productive ... discipline!! :)
My beautiful mom
On Friday I went with my mom to Dawsonville, GA to the outlet mall there. We left early in the morning and were gone all day. Part of the drive there takes you through the mountains and it is beautiful. The drive reminds me of North Carolina, which is one of my favorite states to visit. It was a great day.
Three years ago I started working as an independent beauty consultant to raise money for mission trips.
I have a home based business
Since then my business has helped pay for the majority of my mission trips. Being out of the country most of last year I didn't work at it as steadily as I have in the past. Most businesses would fail if you spent eight months away from it, however God has given me a wonderful faithful friend that took care of my business while I was gone. Now that I'm back home I have been busy reconnecting with my clients, it has been time consuming and if I allowed it to dominate my time I would become a recluse and spend all my time working my business. But there has to a balance and because I realize that I was able to concentrate on other people in my life and spend time with those that I love. I am at an amazing time in my life and it's great!
Great friends! The one in the front is the one who helped take care of my business while I was gone

No comments:

Post a Comment