Friday, January 25, 2013

Rainy day

What do you do on a cold rainy day? How about spend time with family? My mom called me this morning and invited me over for home made pancakes and coffee. With an offer like that how could I turn her down? So I packed a bag, just in case the roads freeze, and loaded up my dog.
"Baby it's cold outside"
 My dad makes some of the best pancakes, totally from scratch :). So we started our day with a yummy stack of pancakes, bacon, fried eggs, orange juice, and coffee.
The chef holding his birthday mug.
Last weekend was my dad's 60th birthday, he got the mug you see in the picture.

After a quiet morning my mom and I decided to make cookies. After a quick check of ingredients mom remembered that we ate all the eggs at breakfast, a crucial ingredient for cookie making. My dad offered to go to the store for us so we pulled all the other ingredients to make sure we had everything else and made a list. Yep, my dad's a keeper.
Home made yummy-ness, now where's the milk?
Mom and I played cards while the cookies were baking. My dad kept wanting to sneak in the cookies while I kept sneaking in the dough. I know you're not suppose to eat raw cookie dough but that's when it's best.

With baking done and the kitchen cleaned up it was time to let the dog play.
Turned out blurry because they were running.
Mom and Buster
My dog isn't one to play out in the rain unless someone is out there with her. Yes, Buster is a girl.
Me with Buster
After running around outside we came in to dry off and get warm.
Buster "fixing" her bed
Ahh, just right
Snuggled up watching Perry Mason
I am very lucky to have such wonderful parents. A cold and rainy day turned out really nice. I am blessed!!

1 comment: