Monday, February 11, 2013

Back home

I'm home!! I had a wonderful time in Haiti and am already looking forward to going back. When I left for Haiti this time things didn't go as smoothly as I would have liked, but God had things in control.
It's snowing at the Chattanooga airport
My flight in Chattanooga got canceled because of mechanical problems and while the airline was working on getting me on another flight it started to snow.
There wasn't another flight going to Haiti that day so we started checking other airlines. Unfortunately there was no way I could get to another airport in time to fly with another airline.
So I had to be redirected to New York, yes that's right New York! I wasn't going to make it to Haiti on Saturday, I was really disappointed, and they were sending me in the wrong direction.
My room at the Hilton
The airline put me up at a hotel in NY. When I arrived it was dark and snowing so I didn't really get to see anything and I wasn't dressed for the North so going outside to walk around was out of the question.
Airport in New York
The next morning there was about 2 inches of snow on the ground, so enough to be pretty but not enough to mess up travel plans. I was finally on my way to Haiti.
I'm Here!!!!
I arrived a day late but it all worked out. I met some wonderful people and had a great time. Even though things didn't go exactly like I had planned God was in control and I was at peace the whole time.

No comments:

Post a Comment