Sunday, February 24, 2013

Second trip to Haiti

While I was in the Bahamas I would watch Jentezen Franklin live stream on Sunday mornings for part of my church going. He is the senior pastor of Free Chapel and they are big supporters of Love A Child. www.jentezenfranklin.org After learning that the ministry I was with had pulled out of Haiti I wrote Free Chapel and asked about any trips to Haiti. They are the ones that put me in touch with LAC.
Can't believe I'm in Haiti again :)
I applied for the medical mission in Oct. 2012 and was approved. I couldn't believe I was going to Haiti again.
These are the tents we slept in at LAC
Bobby and Sherry Burnette have been missionaries to Haiti for 40 years, they moved there full time 20 years ago. So they have had lots of time to work on their property and figure out what works and what doesn't.
The inside of our tent
The property is nicely set up and is completely fenced in with round the clock security. There are many places in Haiti that aren't safe but it is very safe at LAC.
There is a school on LAC property
Children in the school yard
During free time we were safe to walk around the property and see what things LAC is doing for the people in Haiti.
Sherry during orientation
We were there to do a mobile medical clinic up in the mountains, so for a couple of days we had to prepare medical packs and pack them. Bobby likes to call it the "regions beyond". Since we were going so far out a lot of preparation was necessary. The staff at LAC is use to doing these clinics so they have it down to a science, it just takes a willing team to buckle down and do the necessary work.
Carol, the head nurse, explaining the meds

No comments:

Post a Comment