Monday, February 18, 2013

two orphanages in one day

Aug 23, 2011 We went to two different orphanages on this day. Originally we were going to an orphanage that Mother Teresa started but people were only going in there for photo ops and weren't actually helping. The sisters that run the orphanage are very selective in who they let in now and very few groups are allowed in. With that being said we went to Pastor Abraham's boys home first.
I could have taken him home with me :)
These boys captured my heart. As I was there I thought, this is my calling.
I love that smile
We brought gift bags for all the boys, they got cars, balls, crayons, coloring books, and candy.
Rob helping him button up his new shirt
 A girl that had visited before sent clothes for the boys.
After we left Pastor Abraham's we went to another orphanage, it was in a big yellow house. I called that orphanage the wild house :)
I felt sorry for the workers because they were understaffed and over worked. The workers needed a break and the kids needed a hug and a little discipline :) with love of course.
We sat on the roof of the building so it gave the kids a place to run and still be contained. It also offered us a gentle breeze.
It was a day full of sweet memories that I will always treasure.






No comments:

Post a Comment