Thursday, February 14, 2013

Girls orphanage

August 20, 2011; My first day in Haiti. We had a small group so things were easier to plan and change if we wanted. There weren't any ministry opportunities set up for the first day but we got the opportunity to visit a girls orphanage, Pastor Abraham's.
They children here were very well behaved and taken care of. We had gift bags for them and the older ones made sure the younger ones had something before they enjoyed their own gifts.
Ashley's new friends
I'm thankful that my first experience with an orphanage was at a good one where the children are loved and in a safe environment. As we walked up to the building a little girl walked straight up to me and put her arms up, how could I resist?
Me with my new friend
This was the type of home settings I had hoped to see, and I am so happy that they do exist.
Christy has her arms full and loves it :)
This was my first experience in Haiti, aside from the terrifying plane ride, and I fell in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment