Saturday, February 23, 2013

First ministry experience over seas

This past week I told you about my first trip to Haiti, I hope you enjoyed seeing how my adventure started. I had a great time rereading my journal and remembering the first impressions of Haiti.
After visiting Haiti I began to seriously think about going there as a full time missionary. I did a lot of praying and talking to my family about the possibility of making this a reality. I applied with a ministry and was approved. I was very excited to see how this new journey in my life would come to be.
The office building at ALC
There is a ministry in New Providence Bahamas called The Adventure Learning Centre (ALC). www.alcbahamas.org  The ministry that I applied with is associated with the ALC, they asked me if I would go there and train for a year. So I went to the Bahamas and that is where I spent most of last year.
The super slide at ALC
We did an awesome Summer camp for the Bahamian children, for those of you that know what VBS is I attribute Summer camp to a six week VBS program on steroids :).
It was a great learning experience for me and I met some wonderful people. Unfortunately the ministry I was working with had to pull out of Haiti so that door was closed.



No comments:

Post a Comment