Thursday, February 21, 2013

Three destinations in one day

Christy made some new friends
Aug 25, 2011 Our last full day in Haiti was the busiest day. We started out going to a village church were we did a VBS type program.
Susan found a new friend too :)
Patiently waiting for us to start
Once again I was amazed at how many children showed up. We had to walk down this little path to the church / school and it didn't look like there were many "houses" around but as soon as we started setting up the chairs the kids began flowing in. How do they know?? It amazes me that word can travel so quickly when they don't have tv and radio.
Playing a game
So we played games with the kids, sang songs, and did an art project. It was lots of fun. Then we were off to our next destination.
The kids were sitting at a table waiting for us to arrive
Our next stop was at Kay Angel orphanage, the lady that started it is from Holland her name is Lia. Lia takes in children that nobody else can or will take. These are kids that are either very sick, handicapped, or are HIV+. I have got to say they are also the best behaved children I have ever seen and they are very well loved.
The kids are kept on a strick medical regiment and some that were born with HIV now test negative. If you would like to check them out there is a website www.wecanbuildanorphange.org
I don't know what she's saying but she has mine and Rob's full attention
After leaving Kay Angel we went back to the house for some lunch the hit the road again. This time we went to an orphanage that was started by Audio Adrenaline, it's called Hands & Feet.
Rob's new buddy

I spent the entire time there in the baby room. There were five baby's at the time and I got some wonderful snuggle time in :)
This is heaven
This orphanage also has a website if you want to check them out www.handandfeetproject.org
To end a wonderful and tiring day our group decided to walk down to the beach.
Walking down the trail...can you see a trail?
Walking down to the beach wasn't exactly a casual stroll :) it was down the side of a huge hill / mountain. The trail was narrow and steep. I was glad we had people that knew where we were going.
We had started at the top

The walk was harder than I thought it was going to be but it was worth it.
Beautiful view of the ocean

What a way to end the week. I was looking at my journal and I want to quote from my last entry on this trip. "I don't know if God will open the door for me to go to Haiti again, but wherever He sends me I know that He is in control and I am not alone."





No comments:

Post a Comment